Meghan Markle had a strict rule for a reporter entering her and Prince Harry’s $14.65 million Montecito, Calif., mansion — no photos, please!
New York Times food writer Julia Moskin revealed Markle’s photo-free order after interviewing the Duchess of Sussex in her kitchen last week.
“I was allowed in on the condition that no photographs were taken in, or of, the house,” she wrote in an article published Wednesday.

Meghan Markle (seen here in “With Love, Meghan”) only allowed a reporter inside her Montecito, Calif., mansion if she agreed not to take any photos. JAKE ROSENBERG/NETFLIX

“I was allowed in on the condition that no photographs were taken in, or of, the house,” New York Times food writer Julia Moskin shared in an article published Wednesday. Google maps

Markle filmed her Netflix show in a rental home two miles away from her own. Netflix
Moskin noted that she was the first journalist to be invited into Markle’s home.
The former “Suits” actress, 43, welcomed the foodie to promote her new lifestyle brand, As Ever, and Netflix series, “With Love, Meghan.”
Markle notably filmed the show at an $8 million farmhouse rather than her own residence, which is just two miles away.

She has shown glimpses inside her mansion over the years but otherwise keeps it private. Netflix

Moskin noted that her visit to Markle’s home marked the first time a journalist was invited inside. Netflix
Moskin wrote that watching the retired actress cook in her own kitchen proved she has a real knack for homemaking.
“Last week’s visit … showed that she is a passionate home cook who knows her way around a vinaigrette, is quick with a lemon zester and deft with a knife,” she shared in Wednesday’s profile.
Markle’s show was immediately met with a mix of criticism and praise upon its premiere last month.
One review dubbed her “queasy and exhausting,” while others said she was not relatable.

Markle (seen here in her Netflix show) prepared banana pudding with the reporter in her kitchen. JAKE ROSENBERG/NETFLIX

The Duchess of Sussex (seen here in 2024) explained in the interview that she has been working since she was 13. AFP via Getty Images
Markle hit back at the claim that she presents an unattainable life, reminding Moskin she was not always married to a prince.
“Don’t they know my life hasn’t always been like this?” she said, gesturing to the sweeping views of her lavish property.
The duchess also explained her need to have a job despite marrying into the royal family in 2018.

“I need to work, and I love to work,” she said. JAKE ROSENBERG/NETFLIX

Markle also noted that she hasn’t always lived a perfect, picturesque life. Netflix
“I need to work, and I love to work,” she told the newspaper, noting that she has held jobs since she was 13 years old.
“This is a way I can connect my home life and my work,” she said of her lifestyle endeavors and being a mom to her and Harry’s two kids: Prince Archie, 5, and Princess Lilibet, 3.
Markle was apparently humble while preparing fresh banana pudding with the reporter, admitting she is no expert in the field of cuisine.
“There are professionals who do that better than I ever will,” she said.

“Don’t they know my life hasn’t always been like this?” Markle (seen here in 2018) asked. Getty Images

The As Ever founder admitted she is no professional when it comes to cooking. JAKE ROSENBERG/NETFLIX
Markle and Harry, 40, moved into their home in 2020, shortly after resigning from their royal duties.
They have kept their living quarters quite private from the public, though they have shown glimpses of the pricey pad over the years.
The property features nine bedrooms, 16 bathrooms, a pool, a tennis court, a tea house, a rose garden, olive trees, a two-bed guesthouse and a children’s cottage.